Profession : Businessman, Managing Partner of M/s. Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S.
(formerly M/s. Girish Chandra Ghosh estd. In 1874)
Date of Birth: February 12, 1967
Place of Birth: Kolkata
Family : Father: Mr. Sanjib Kumar
Mother : Smt. Jyotsna Ghosh
Wife : Smt. Kumkum Ghosh
College : Seth Anandram Jaipuria College, Kolkata
Degrees Achieved :
• Schooling at The Frank Anthony Public School, Calcutta
• B. Com. from Calcutta University
• Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management from Institute of Modern Management, Calcutta.
• Successfully completed a certificate course on “MDP on marketingManagement” from MSME-DI, Kolkata.
Married on : 2000
Admires : 1) Foreign Technology , 2) Development of Micro Scale Business in India
Favourite Hobby : Reading and writing.
Interested in : Social and economic change and international relations.
Address : 40/2, B. T. Road, Sonajhuri Appt., Block-B, 2nd Fl, Flat-402,
Kolkata-700 002, West Bengal. India.
Email address : email@example.com
About him :
- Game Secretary, Magazine Secretary & then Assistant General Secretary (Ex.) of Seth Anandram Jaipuria College, Kolkata
- Vice President of North Kolkata student’s union unit.
- Guest lecturer (Ex.) of Indian Institute of Legal Metrology, Kanke, Ranchi, Govt. of India
- Storage Tank Calibration Consultant
Business Activity :
Managing Partner of M/s. Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S. (formerly M/s. Girish Chandra Ghosh estd. In 1874). Growing with technology and committed to quality, we are an eminent manufacturer (Electronic Weighing machine) and service provider (Storage Tank calibrator) offering our products & service to the clients in different industries.
As a pre-eminent Storage Tank calibration company established over fourteen decades ago, Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S., over the years, strongly developed itself into leading Tank calibrator of India. Today, it is acknowledged as a company that has spread their dedicated service all over India with good reputation. Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S. is an Engineering company currently working in different projects in oil companies across India.
Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S. employs over 30 fulltime and contractual employees. Its head office is located in Kolkata, India along with offices in Haldia & new Delhi.
The company’s reputation as a manufacturer is that of a total solution provider for electronic weighing machines with best of infrastructure. And 'Care' provides the key for unlocking its potential and making it real.
The company’s 1,000 sq. ft. workshops, equipped with the latest and best maintenance and repair machineries along with several qualified & dedicated staffs strengths.
Company Website : www.girishcalibration.com
Our Sister Concern :
Flourishing rapidly, we have made significant progress on the national platform & in the process of expansion internationally also. Backed our strong infrastructure, we have grown in multi folds. Keeping pace with the industrial demands and needs, we have expanded our wings far and wide. Serving clients in different industries, we have one sister concerns with their area of operations in same field. Our sister concerns is : M/s. Ghosh Calibration & Engineering Co.
1) Member & Chairman of Consumer Affairs Legal Metrology Committee in Federation of Small & Medium Industries of West Bengal
2) Vice President of Eastern Regional Legal Metrology Licensees Welfare Association
3) Member of FACSI
4) Member of Bengal Chamber of Commerce, MSME Development & Manufacturing Committee
5) Member of Indian Council of Small Industries, West Bengal
6) Member of All India Achievers Foundation
7) Member of Federation of Association of Small Scale Industries of India (FASSI)
8) President of Hind Sangha Club, B. T. Road, Kolkata
9) Secretary of Sonajhuri Appt. (B.T. Rd., Kolkata) Association
Achievements as the Chairman of Consumer Affair & Legal Metrology Committee :
1) Participated in the Live phone-in program titled “KENAKATAR SATSATERO” of Kolkata Doordarshan on 2013 to discuss “Role of Small & Medium industry in consumer protection” along with Shri Smarajit Chaudhuri, Deputy Assistant Director, Consumer Affairs & Fair Business Practices.
2) Organised a program on “Consumer Right & AffaIrs” with the presence of Sri Sadhan Pandey, Hon’ble Minister–in-charge, Consumer Affairs Department, Govt. of West Bengal & Shri Vivek Bharadwaj, IAS Secretary, Consumers Affair Dept., Govt. of West Bengal in 2013.
3) Organised a program on “Importance of Legal Metrology” with the presence of Mr. Sajal Kanti Jana, Joint Controller of Legal Metrology dept., Govt. of West Bengal in 2014.
Awards & Appreciation of Supriyo Ghosh & M/s. Girish Chandra Ghosh & G.G.S.
1) Received Certificate of Diploma in Honour in the Calcutta Industrial Exhibition (1902-1903)
2) Received Silver medal Award in 1954 at Kalyani Industrial Exhibition; received from Pandit Jawaharlal Neheru, honourable Prime Minister of India in presence of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, Chief Minister of West Bengal on Metric Scale System adopted in India.
3) Received Memento of Appreciation from IOCL, Haldia Refinery as enlisted Vendor in 2009.
4) Received several Appreciations from Indian Institute of Legal Metrology, Kanke, Ranchi, of Dept. of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of India for the excellence in Tank Calibration job in 2009, 2010 & 2012.
5) Received The FOSMI Award of Excellence in Service Sector (2nd prize) in 2010 ; received from Mr. Somnath Chatterjee, Ex. Loksabha Speaker & from Mr. Manab Mukherjee, MSME Minister, Govt. of West Bengal.
6) Received Certificate & Memento of Appreciation in the seminar on storage tank calibration from Legal Metrology Dept., Odisha in 2011.
7) Received The Indian Leadership Award for Industrial Development from All India Achiever’s Foundation at New Delhi in 2011.
8) Received Bharat Gaurav Award from Association for Economic Growth & Social Development at New Delhi in 2012.
9) Received The FOSMI Award of Excellence in Service Sector (1st prize) for Outstanding achievement in Service sector received from Mr. Saugata Roy, Minister of Urban Development, Govt. of India in 2012.
10) Achieved The Bengal Chamber Awards for Excellence in Manufacturing Practices in MSMEs - 2013 (3rd Prize) received from Mr. Partha Chatterjee, Minister of Commerce & Industries, Govt. of West Bengal.
11) Winner of AWARD OF EXCELLENCE for Outstanding Achievement in Service Sector, 2013: received from Dr. A.P.J. Kalam, former President of India.
12) Winner of Bengal Chamber of Commerce Special Jury Award in service sector , 2013: received from Mr. K. H Muniyappa, Central MSME Minister.